Upgrading Your Dog’s Nutrition
Better nutrition starts with finding the solution for your dog’s specific needs. Are you trying to identify the cause of that weird smell coming from their paws? Maybe you’ve switched to a pricier prescription dog food, only to find your dog still suffering with hot spots and ear scratching. Finding the right food to fuel your dog’s adventures is important, and feeding a well-balanced diet is crucial to their health. We simplify this for you by offering diverse options to fit your busy lifestyle. In collaboration with a dedicated team of board-certified veterinarians and nutritionists, we conduct extensive AAFCO Feeding trials and Digestibility Feeding Studies. This ensures your pet gets the best nutrition possible. Here’s an insight into our feeding trials:
- The BSM Partners customized AAFCO feeding studies (over 80 parameters offered) vs. Standard AAFCO feeding studies (5 parameters required)
- All feeding studies are performed with in-home sporting dogs versus purpose-bred animals, meaning these are highly active dogs, and the food must perform well as these animals have to consume high levels of calories to maintain their ideal body weight and body condition scores.
- Laboratory AAFCO nutrient profile done on the same production lot of food used throughout each study- meets all AAFCO nutrient requirements.
- Complete blood counts- measures white and red blood cell health parameters
- Serum health chemistries- measures all internal organ functions.
- Cardiac biomarkers- blood heart health measurement.
- Taurine, L-carnitine & other plasma amino acids- were measured throughout the study.
- Echocardiograms- most sensitive heart health evaluation.
- Body condition, muscle condition & stool quality scores
- All Pets Global AAFCO and Digestibility studies have resulted in excellent results, including the athletic performance of the dogs over the study duration.
- All exams/procedures are done by a licensed veterinary professional.
Finding Your Formula
Choosing the right food for your canine companion can be a daunting task. When choosing your food, it’s important to consider your dog’s age, breed, and activity level. At Zignature, we offer a wide range of formulas available in the form of dry food, wet canned food, and two different types of treats! Our Original formulas are offered in dry kibble and wet canned food. The dry formulas incorporate beneficial probiotics like Bacillus Coagulans, Bacillus Subtilis, and Bifidobacterium Bifidum. From helping to manage digestion to reducing gas and diarrhea, probiotics may have the potential to support gastrointestinal issues, and can aid in the improvement of overall gut health.
*image with original product*
For dogs that find larger kibble challenging, our 5 Small Bites formulas with smaller kibble sizes might be the perfect choice. They contain the same probiotics and unique protein as our Original dry formulas.
*image with Small Bites product*
Select Cuts: you grain-inclusive solution
For dogs looking for nutrient-dense grain, our Select Cuts formulas were cultivated using some of the same high-quality proteins you love, now enriched with the benefits of oats and millet. While oats are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and vital nutrients like Vitamin E, iron, and B vitamins, millet is a gluten-free grain abundant in niacin, magnesium, and manganese.
*image with Select Cuts product*
Transitioning to Zignature
Every dog is different. For a more gradual transition, follow the instructions below. This transition period may help ease any discomfort and allow your dog’s system to adjust more efficiently. *Transition instructions can also be found on our website or the back of your favorite Zignature formula.*
- Determine their serving size: find this on the bag under Daily Feeding Guidelines. This is based on their weight and activity level.
- Begin the Transition:
- Day 1-3: Mix 75% of their current (old) kibble with 25% of your Zignature kibble.
- Day 4-6: Adjust the mixture to 50% (old) kibble and 50% of your Zignature kibble.
- Day 7: Serve 100% of your Zignature kibble.
When Incorporating Canned Food:
- Determine their serving size: find this on the can under our Feeding and Mixing Guide This is based on their weight and activity level.
- Use Complete Meal or as a Topper: instructions can be found on our website or the back of your favorite Zignature canned food formulas.
*Remember to store the remaining canned food in a refrigerator and ensure it’s used within a recommended time to maintain its freshness.*
Reminder: It’s essential to monitor your dog for changes in behavior, appetite, or stool consistency. If you observe signs like an upset stomach or diarrhea, consider extending each transition phase for a few extra days. It’s always advisable to consult a qualified animal healthcare professional before making any major decisions involving your pet.